WOW! The last few weeks have been crazy busy! Thus is the life of a soccer mom I guess! Holden is doing great on his team! He has a game tomorrow and I just love watching all the little guys run in a herd! They are so cute! Sky's game last Thursday was PHENOMENAL!!!!! Sky is the biggest kid on his team. Five foot, 90-100 lbs. The other team were all his size or bigger. And they played very rough. There were elbows thrown, balls to the face, kicks to the stomach, possible broken bones, lots of tripping, and deliberate shoving. It was quite the futbol match! As one parent put it, he didn't know we had running backs on the team, they were tackling and fighting it out. So, it came down to the last five minutes of the game. All the boys on both teams are tired, sweaty, and frustrated because no one can score. Then, Skylar (playing forward) got the ball and sprinted for the goal! He shot! He SCORED! The whole sideline of parents were screaming his name, all his teamates were hi-fiving him and chasing him across the field. And, he was a bit embarassed by all the hoopla. Our boys were energized, the other team was mad, and it didn't matter one bit, because in the end, Skylar scored the only goal of the whole game and didn't have to play dirty to get it. We were very proud of him and the sportsmanship he showed during this particularly physical game. (I really wish I had brought my video camera because it was the shot of a lifetime, truly, it was amazing.)
In addition to being crazy from soccer and piano lessons, school and life, my dad had hip replacement surgery last Thursday. During the surgery, his femur split from hip to knee. So, rather than a 2 hour surgery, he had a 4 hour surgery and lost significant amounts of blood. He was sent home from the hospital last Sunday, then mom and I returned him to the emergency room 8 hours later. He spent 4 more days in the hospital and finally returned home yesterday. He was infused a few units of blood, lots of IV solution, and lots of antibiotics. He is doing much better. I have pictures of his incision, and have threatened to post them, but I dont' think my mom was amused...
12 years ago


1 comments:
WAY TO GO SKYLAR!!!!
WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU - BOTH FOR YOUR GOAL AND FOR YOUR SPORTSMAN-LIKE CONDUCT!!!
LOVE YOU TO THE MOON AND BACK!
Post a Comment