So, last week at Haiden's Dr. appointment, we decided to take her off her meds. Hopefully she will potty train and because she is now in developmental pre-k, we are hoping she will begin learning social and coping skills in class. Here is the problem, she is ornery! Well, that's not exactly fair. She is no longer curbed by the medication, so her boundaries have been removed and her creativity has gone haywire. For instance, she painted her face, my carpet, and her brother's hair with hair paint. After her bath, while I was scrubbing carpet and cussing the person who bought the hair paint in the first place (ME), she sat on the kitchen table and colored her legs, feet, and hands with markers. I have no idea why, other than she thought it was pretty. So, another bath later...as I'm scrubbing marker off the table and hiding the scissors (before she decides to massacre her hair or anything else, like her clothes...) I hear the hairspray in the bathroom. She emptied the can on her wet matted hair. We didn't bath again. I gave up. She got dressed and went to jump on the trampoline. Thankfully, she agreed to wear clothes and actually kept them on. The trampoline actually seems to calm her and she will jump for hours if I let her. She is potty training better, which is a bonus, but I don't know how I am ever going to survive the impulses she has to destroy/decorate and create everthing. ARGH!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment