All the goings-on for March:
Haiden turned 5 this month! She is not supposed to be this big! I was sick on her actual birthday so we ended up doing a family night the day after and Leo's, complete with pizza, cake, presents, and of course the play area. She had a blast!
Rob also had a birthday this month. He and I went out, saw a movie, had dinner, and has a wonderful day and evening without the children! We also had a family dinner this month to celebrate all the March birthdays, and I made 2 of my famous Chocolate cakes. We had very few leftovers.
I'm very glad it's turning spring, however I wish the weather would decide if it's going to keep snowing or warm up!
We got Jordan's glasses from Zennioptical.com at the first of the month. They are FABULOUS! They came within a few weeks of ordering, and look like anything I'd get at the optical shop. SO, for those of you who need to buy glasses soon, try zennioptical.com. Jordan's were only $28.90 including shipping and tax! WOW!
It was really warm last weekend, and we decided it would be a nice day to grill out. The kids had been jumping on the trampoline, when dad decided to show them how it's really done. Well, dad did a flip, dad did another flip, then dad did a flip with a twist and went through the trampoline! Luckily he was not injured, but Haiden could be heard through the neighborhood screaming out the window, "YOU BROKE IT!!! I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!!!" Needless to say, we now get to purchase a new mat.
We had the first school science fair last week! The kids did great projects! Jordan used her classmates as guinnea pigs and tested whether sleep affected brain function. Big thanks to the parents who let their children stay up all night to be in the "no sleep" test group! Skylar tested how color absorbs heat. He showed how dark colors absorb heat and warm water faster than light colors. He won honorable mention for his grade. The same day the awards were announced, Jordan was made citizen of the month for her grade. We are so proud of them both!
#7 on my list is why I blog at 3:30am. Mostly because I don't sleep well, and my mind thinks best when it's quiet! All other times of day my life is noisy with kids and students!
We are going to plant a garden this year. We are very excited and purchased seeds, pots, and made a list of tools and other supplies we will need. However, we have a dilema. We need to figure out how to keep our dogs out of it, and the neighbor dogs from attacking the fence. I think we are going to try and finish a dog run for our dogs, and try to make friends with the neighboring pitt bulls with dog treats. I'll keep you updated.
I have some friends who got me to try Facebook. (it was you Allison!) I hate facebook! I can't seem to get off it! I log on the check on things, and log off an hour or more later, and I didn't do anything other than read other people's gossip, take tests to tell me what my barbie name would be, and kidnap people to my secret hideout. Anyway, I'm there, I'm addicted. Look me up.
I had this great idea that I want to apply to be an educational assistant at the school next year. It requires an associates degree or credit equivalent. Credit equivalent is 60, and I have 59. So, I will probably have to find a little filler class worth 2 credits to get 61 so I can work at the kids' school and help out for Haiden. It's crazy I tell ya!
I accompanied a guy in my ward on an audition for a musical. He has a wonderful voice and did exceptionally well! I, however, apparently cannot play in front of people and messed up part of it. I'm glad it was him trying out and not me, and I'm glad that he just kept on singing the way we practiced! (In case you are wondering, he sang Stranger in Paradise from Kismet.)
And lastly, I have these killer migranes. I have started having some serious effects from them, like facial pain and numbness, slurred speech, etc. In my hypochondriac mind, I thought I was having mini-strokes or a brain tumor. So, I went and saw my dr. He sent me to a neurologist, who in turn ordered an MRI (which I did today) and told me it's probably just migranes. So, to treat the migranes I have new meds, a list of vitamins, lifestyle changes, and steroids that were injected at the base of my skull. Yeah, those were painful and my neck is still a bit stiff. However, I hope my MRI is clear, and that the migrane treatment we came up with will help. I'm getting tired of trying to push myself through days of explosive head pain!
And that is my list of thing I needed to blog about. I have pictures somewhere, and I may or may not post them.
12 years ago


1 comments:
If you really want to waste time, read this dude's blog. (Look at the archives for the witch, hypnosis, and the militia).
http://craigslisting.tumblr.com/
Post a Comment