Monday, March 2, 2009

On-the wall food storage

Rob and I have been trying to spend a little time each week organizing our "stuff" and getting a small bit of food storage going. So far, we are doing pretty good and have found that picking one item each week, and buying several of that item, works really well for us. We try to pick whatever happens to be on sale that week, whether it's flour, sugar, canned goods, mac and cheese, whatever. We began to notice that we were running out of space to put all our food! Well, Rob's company manufactures and markets Pharaoh's Storehouse food storage products, and we have been saying for years how we need to get one of these systems in our own house. To be honest, I didn't really think it would save that much space, but I am very impressed with how much I can put on my wall, how durable it is, and how it can be used in every nook and cranny, no matter the size of house you have! So, here it is. Pictures and all! If you'd like some of these storage channels, use the contact info on the website: http://pharaohsstorehouse.com/ Or leave a comment and I will be happy to email you the contact numbers! If you want to come see them at my house, let me know!

These are my laundry room shelves before we put up the channels.

These are the empty channels, being installed.

These are my shelves after I've loaded the wall. I still need more! I guess I had more than I thought!

These are the stocked channels.

This is a close up of what they look like. They can be put just about anywhere. They fit behind doors, in the backs of bedroom closets, between studs in an unfinished basement, in a shallow cupboard. My in-laws have a whole wall with these built in between the studs, and then cabinet doors that cover them. It looks like a custom cabinetry job, but it hides the food storage from view.


By the way: Rob made these at work. He's so cool!

0 comments: