Thursday, April 16, 2009

Are they serious?

OH.MY.GOSH. Okay, I normally wouldn't expand upon my political beliefs or leanings because frankly, it's really nobody's business unless I'm running for office, which I might some day. Still thinking about that. Anyway, here I am, suffering from insomnia, stressing about my Dr. appointment on Friday, surfing the web, when I come across this article about Homeland Security and the new Domestic Intelligence report they have published. It was not supposed to get to the media, but you have to wonder how these leaks happen. This report details, and specifically lists, groups of people who are "likely" rightwing extremists and potential domestic terrorists.
The following people are allwed to read this:

(U) LAW ENFORCEMENT INFORMATION NOTICE: This product contains Law Enforcement Sensitive (LES) information. No portion of the LES information
should be released to the media, the general public, or over non-secure Internet servers. Release of this information could adversely affect or jeopardize
investigative activities.
(U) Warning: This document is UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY (U//FOUO). It contains information that may be exempt from public release under the
Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552). It is to be controlled, stored, handled, transmitted, distributed, and disposed of in accordance with DHS policy relating to
FOUO information and is not to be released to the public, the media, or other personnel who do not have a valid need-to-know without prior approval of an authorized
DHS official. State and local homeland security officials may share this document with authorized security personnel without further approval from DHS.

HA! They should have thought of that before it was release on the internet.

They have listed the following people as those most likely to be domestic terroists:
(U) Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and
adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups),
and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or
rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a
single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.


WHAT??? So I get to be a terrorist for supporting state soverignty, which Idaho has passed a referendum and sent to Washington declaring, opposing abortion, and whatever else they deem rejection of government? But wait! It gets better!

Antigovernment conspiracy theories and “end times” prophecies could
motivate extremist individuals and groups to stockpile food, ammunition, and weapons.
These teachings also have been linked with the radicalization of domestic extremist
individuals and groups in the past, such as violent Christian Identity organizations and
extremist members of the militia movement.


So I get to be an extremeist and possible domestic terrorist for having food storage, a belief in the bible prophecies from Revelations, and having firearms and sufficient ammunition to protect my family for a year if need be? This is a 10 page document, produced by our government, the people who are supposed to protect us, instead tageting our own people for not supporting the corrupt practices being implemented in our halls of congress. This is wrong, completely wrong, and we should spead out against it. Not because we are rightwing nutjobs, but because we believe in the constitution and the rights and liberties granted to us by God through the bill of rights. I didn't have the opportunity to attend the local tea party, but you can bet I will be writing my congressman and state representative, as well as local newspaper, about this report. Label me an extremist, but there is never a good reason for turning a blind eye, supporting evil, or not standing for truth. As a young woman in mutal, I declared every single sunday and tuesday night, that I would stand for righteousness at all times, in all things and in all places. Now is the time. The rest of you should do it too. Write a letter. You can even email them now. Read the report. It will scare you.
http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

0 comments: