Thursday, December 17, 2009

Winding down!

Only a week until Christmas and the Grinch might make it to my house before Santa does! If the kids misbehave, the Grinch makes his way down our chimmney chart and when he gets to the bottom, they get a gift taken away. So far, they have been pretty good! We also have a box with a manger on it, and the family writes who has helped them that day. There are a few in there, I was hoping it would have the kids thinking about each other more, but alas, I was way too optimistic about it.

Last week was the TCPCS elementary Christmas concert. All the classes did such a wonderful job! I played the piano for each class, and I'm so glad they sang so well to cover up all my mistakes! It was a very fun and uplifting experience for me, to be able to share my talent and be with the kids each day. I'll miss them until it's time to start working on the spring concert!

Jordan had her Upbeat Choir concert tonight. It was beautiful! She sang very well and had a small speaking part where she told a joke. She is awesome and I love that she is willing to try new things and find her talents! Tomorrow is the recital for my piano students. I decided to hold it at an assisted living center this year, mainly because I know how lonely and detatched from the holidays those dear people become. I hope it all goes well! Some are ready, some are not, some can make it and some can't. So, I'm sure it will be short and sweet!

I am looking forward to Christmas, and the time spent with family. May God bless all of your families and you have a wonderful Christmas season!

0 comments: