I have this other blog, plentifulpantry.blogspot.com , that I have been posting on to help others become better prepared in their food storage and emergency kits. I feel that I was prompted to do this. Sometimes it is difficult to follow promptings, so I am trying very hard to keep up with this one. As the weeks have gone on, I have seen the value in being prepared. Last year we were impacted personally, which lead to a desire for preparedness and food storage. This year, as I have written the blog, I have seen the need for preparedness. It has become a theme in church lessons, Ensign articles, and General Conference addresses. Skylar spoke last week on the importance of being prepared, and the speakers after him addressed issues on that topic. The economic failures, natural disasters and hardships our world has experienced recently has driven home the point of preparedness. Something that is often forgotten in our storage and planning, is that of spiritual preparedness. I firmly believe that we must be spiritually and mentally prepared to weather the disasters in our lives. Anyway, I am working on our food storage, our planning, and our family unity. I encourage all my friends and family to do the same!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment