Monday, February 2, 2015

Holden is 12!

Holden, my dear sweet baby boy, is 12! This feels, surreal. Wrong. Strange. He's not ready to be 12. He's not ready to begin growing up into a young man, maturity, girls, and thinking he's smarter than me. I am not ready!

He had a party at a trampoline park, iJump. It was the greatest party that was ever partied. One price, 10 jumpers, cupcakes, pizza, drinks, set-up, take down, and a gift. I didn't have to do anything but show up! It was fabulous! The kids loved it, they wore themselves out. Later that evening we had the grandparents over for cake and birthday stuff. Holden chose cheesecake, and we had blueberry topping. He loved it. We had let him pick his present at the LEGO store when we went to Salt Lake City a few weeks earlier. It is the biggest set he has ever gotten. It's buildings, and cars and people and all sorts of stuff. And it is taking him longer than 20 minutes to get it together. We are on day 2 and he has completed half of it. YAY!!!!

Turning 12 means going into young men. It means ordained to the priesthood as a deacon. It means passing the sacrament and collecting fast offerings. It means that 3 of the 4 kids are now gone every Tuesday night. He isn't ordained yet. But soon. I'm not sure he knows what it means. But soon. He missed church today, because I have a migraine so bad it might be a stroke, but soon. He's a great kid and will grow into an amazing young man, too soon!

Also this week, his class visited the Capitol. I was able to go with him and it was fun! He mostly ran with his friends and left me behind. But two moments were very sweet. He wanted a picture of he and I at the bell in front of the capitol. Later on the bus, as we were watching Madagascar 2, he came back to sit with me, cuddle under his blanket and rest his head on my shoulder. Ah, my big boy still needed his mamma. I hope he knows how much I love him and adore his amazing personality. It was a great week. :)

0 comments: