Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To the Doctor...again

So, we took Haiden to the Dr. again, for the 3rd time in 3 weeks. You have to love modern antibiotics, they kill EVERYTHING! Good and bad! She has c. diff, also known as clostridium difficil, or diarrhea forever in my book. If the good bacteria in the intestines is killed off, then the bad bacteria aren't kept in line, and c. diff is a bad one. She gets to take a med I've never even heard of, three times a day for 10 days to hopefully kill it and get the rest in line. So happy for her, since I opted for the tablet not thinking they could be a LARGE tablet. She swallows her other pills fine, but these are a little bigger and taste really bad. Oh, LOL, and get this. The pharmacist made sure to tell me that she can't have any alcohol while she's on them. Uh, yeah, she's 4. Most OTC cold medicines for kids don't have alcohol in them anymore, but she can't have those, and she can't go out binging with her friends either. Cuz, ya know, those pre-schoolers are all the ones causing the problems with their public drunkeness...I just thought it was funny, since the pharmacist seemed to realize what she was saying as I started to laugh...

In other news, Skylar has this early morning MathCounts class that he does once a week. I didn't realize it's a national program for Mathletes... (dumb mom) Anyway, they have a competition coming up and he's been working really hard to make the 4-man team. I really do hope he makes the team! He's such a smart kid!

0 comments: