School is about to start and I'm begining to have some anxiety about sending Haiden to school. I know she did well at pre-school, but that was specifically designed for kids with learning difficulties and special needs. I am worried she won't do well, that the teachers and administrators won't understand her or her needs, that they won't try to help her. I'm worried that Haiden will freak out and beat some kid up for taking the crayon she wants. I'm worried they will have a fire drill and she will wet her pants and everyone will make fun of her. She is a sweet little girl and I know her teacher will be wonderful and I know her principal will be wonderful and I know the school will be wonderful, but because I'm the mom I get to worry. It has been said that all cats have Asperger's syndrome. If that is the case, then Haiden is a cat living in a family of dogs. She does everything different, and I love the charter school for embracing individuals but at the same time worry if she will be able to conform to the rules. I guess I will find out next week if she can handle it or not! Oh, and yay for 100th post!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment