The kids went back to school on the 12th, last Wednesday. It was a good day! I had met with Haiden's teacher before hand and given her a list of triggers and solutions for Haiden's behavior. It was good to be able to discuss her diagnosis and issues with an open and receptive teacher! I am grateful every day that Haiden isn't severly autistic and doesn't have to be in special education classes to survive, but at the same time it can make educating her teachers difficult. So far, Haiden has done really well in school. The first day was great, the next 2 were pretty good. She was a bit aggitated by the disruption in her routine and a complete terror at home, but I think over the next week or so she will gradually aclimate to her new surroundings.
Holden is having a hard time in first grade. He's had homework from day 1, and hasn't liked that one bit! I think he expected it to be more like Kindergarten and less like real school. He enjoys having lunch with all the big kids, and that's about it. The poor kid is so social that he's been in trouble every day for talking, but it's never his fault. Apparently if another kid is whispering to him, he has to answer back so as not to be rude and therefore shouldn't be in trouble. I appreciate his thinking, but the poor little guy will just have to learn to zip those lips!
Jordan loves her class. 6th grade is wonderful and fabulous and fun. She's thrilled to be with all her friends again and her teacher treats them more like young adults than children, which is nice for them. She's also starting to be more concerned about how she looks, thank goodness! I thought the day would never come when she would remember to brush her hair or want to do her hair and wear something more than a t-shirt and jeans! She's beautiful and smart and doing so well!
Skylar is really enjoying jr. high and it shows! He's turning into a 12 year old, which I'm not ready for. He wants more responsibility and more privileges, but also to still be a kid. This age is tough! He is doing well in school though, loves his teacher and his class. He enjoys his spanish class a lot and his other preps as well. I think this will be another great year for him!
I am loving this back to school thing. I have a few hours in the morning to myself. To be honest, I have no idea what to do with them, but they are mine! I'm trying to find something to do besides watch TV and read, but that's hard when I have so little time to do either when the kids are home! I think this is going to be a great year!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment