I forgot to blog about this too, since we've been busy dealing with the drama.
Rob wrecked an RZR up at the sand dunes. When I say wrecked, I mean totaled. His front end sunk coming over a lip, he flipped it end to end, twisted and then rolled it before coming to a hard stop on the drivers side. Debris EVERYWHERE. The windshield blew out, the tires blew out, the roof came off, the light bars and everything added flew off. In all of this, Rob had the sense to remember to hold the steering wheel and not move, and also that he might die. He also had installed a 5 point racing harness system, was wearing his gloves and riding shirt, and the most important thing of all, his helmet. He crawled out of the machine through the windshield, made it over to the other people, sat in the shade, and realized he needed to go to the hospital because his collarbone was broken.
At the hospital, the Dr. was shocked. All he had was a broken collarbone. That's it. No concussion, no internal injuries, no mangled hands and arms, no broken ribs, legs, etc. Just a collarbone. The Dr. thanked him a few times for wearing his helmet and seatbelt. They don't like mangled and broken bodies from the sand dunes. So, they did 2 xray panels and a CT. Rob was so swollen his chest about touched his chin. When it was all said and done, the ER doc consulted with the ortho on call, and determined he had several fractures but they couldn't fix them until the swelling went down. So home we went. A few days later we saw a different ortho, who was a little confused. The CT showed multiple fractures. The new xray showed one. And the bones were lined up, and the fracture was in the perfect place if you had to break a clavicle. We were all a bit confused, but all Rob needed was a specialized brace, no surgery, and activity as he could tolerate.
Now, Rob is convinced the hospital read the scans wrong. But they showed us the CT and pointed the fractures out. I know that through faith, his trial was lessened. Through the prayers of our families and friends, his ordeal was reduced. I am grateful for a loving heavenly father who hears prayers. Who intervenes when needed. I am thankful for an experience I can share with my children of the healing power of prayer. Rob didn't have a blessing, but I know that the prayers of those around us were heard and answered. From three fractures to one, in 5 days. I'm so grateful he is alive, he is mildly injured, and this will be an experience for all of us to learn from. But I am most thankful for the faithful prayers and loving support of family and friends. Thank you.
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment