Friday, October 2, 2009

Counting blessings

Last week I had my 32nd birthday. Nothing special, nothing great. My kids made me great cards, my parents and in-laws took the kids for Friday and Saturday nights so Rob and I could go out both nights. I got new stretchy pants and shirts to go with my most awesome present: hysterectomy! The Monday after my birthday I had surgery for a hysterectomy and appendectomy. So far, it hasn't been too bad recovering. I was able to spend 2 days in the hospital recovering before I came home. Call me an ungrateful mother, but it was very nice to have those 2 days of quiet and TV to myself. I missed my kids and family but enjoyed the time alone being waited on. It has been very nice to come home, to know that the kids and Rob have everything under control. I am very grateful to the ward sisters and friends who have provided our family with meals to lessen the load. I am grateful to my sister in law who has taken my kids while they were out of school. It has lessened the load for my mother in law, and been a nice change for the kids. I didn't think I'd be this tired. I also didn't count on having my right side hurt more than the rest due to the appendectomy. I start piano lessons again on Monday, and hope that I am up to it. It will probably be the ONLY thing I do all day. The day after I had my surgery, my mom had surgery to repair her wrist. She is doing well. I'm grateful for the friends and neighbors she has taking care of her. I have so many blessings to be grateful for. Sometimes, in the hustle and bustle of life I get bogged down and forget to stay positive and be grateful. I am so grateful for all my blessings and the people around me who are supporting us in our time of need.

0 comments: