Saturday, October 31, 2009

Shopping Savings

Hello fellow shoppers! As I posted before, I was going to use the Smith's ad from this week for my shopping because they had the best deals on the things I needed from my list. I do all my shopping on Saturdays, because Rob and I go together and it's a "date" thing for us. Anyway, after creating a weekly menu from items I already had, combing the shopping ad for things that were on sale, matching those things up with coupons, and finalizing my list, I spent $96.56. I SAVED $106.96. Now, most of you are thinking, "What!!! You spent almost $100 in groceries?" But, we usually spend about $140 a week for a family of 6, and that includes 2 up and coming, never full almost teenagers. So, for this week, here was the breakdown:

Smiths (Sale Good Through Nov. 3rd!!!)
Spent- $96.56
Saved- $106.96
Best purchase: FREE COOKIES! Keebler Fudge shoppe cookies- in ad $.99 sale price; used printable coupon $1.00 off 1 package; I made 1 penny.
Worst purchase: Liquid Plumer; no coupon or sale. $5.49

I forgot to get a picture of the "loot" but, there were items from every department including the kleenex, hair care, cleaning, and pharmacy. I think I did pretty good this week!

0 comments: