Halloween was a great success. All the kids had a great time! Well, I think Skylar had a great time. He no longer gets to trick-or-treat because we have deemed him "too old." Yes, we are horrible parents, BUT I hate looking into the faces of monsters taller than me hollering trick-or-treat in deep bass tones. So, we chose not to contribute to the ever expanding pool of disordrly teens who roam the streets for hours and hours trying to see how much they can get. Back to my point...
The kids all had a great time. Sky watched a movie at his granny's house and passed out candy for her. I think he kinda enjoyed seeing all the little kids in their costumes. For Jordan's last year, we let her go with her friend through the neighborhood. She was a zombie and the uglier the better! She freaked out Holden and Haiden, as well as a few other little kids in the neighborhood. Rob and I had the luxury of strolling with our two youngest. For us, it was really weird. We only had 2 to chase instead of 4. We didn't have to keep reminding the older ones to wait for the little ones, and we didn't have to hit every single house with a light on for miles and miles. We just had to go as far as the little ones wanted to go then walk back. It was soooo nice! They were't overloaded with candy, they had just enough. Holden was a vampire, from the costume I made many years ago, and Haiden was a witch in her new costume I made this year. It was a very nice relaxed holiday!




12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment