Okay, so maybe I went a bit drama about the whole having to live here thing. I was sitting in church today trying to be one with the spirit, (well at least as close to that as possible with a room full of primary children) when I realized I needed to stop whining about poor me, and start thinking about how to help those around me. Because really, my problems are just a pain in the butt compared to someone else's issues. So, today I made a cake and gave it away, which didn't make my kids very happy at all. I played basketball in the driveway with Rob and the kids, and spent time not thinking about the house and everything that has been going wrong, but simply appreciating the good things I do have. It's a small thing, and I'm sure I'll be irritated tomorrow when I call the roofer, but taking time to remember the good things helps to get through the rough spots.
Skylar had a big weekend! He had his first ever boy-girl party that wasn't a birthday party. This was a very scary thing for me, because it means he is growing up! He said he had a good time and was glad all his friends were there. I don't think they even noticed the girls were there. LOL And, breakthrough on the Haiden front! She did soooo good at church today! She had a little fit when I took her to class, but after that she stayed in her seat through primary, she didn't throw a fit, she didn't try to climb all over the piano, she was soooo good! I was so happy to see she was sitting with her class, TALKING to her friend and paying attention to the songs. I was so proud of her!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment