Jordan decided to play in the recital after all, and she did sooo good! We were all very proud of her. She had to change the fingering around on the piece so she wouldn't have to use her thumb, and she did good! There was one part she got lost on, because of the fingering, and she was very professional about it, kindly asked her partner to restart that section, and continued playing. She did fabulous! She get the stitches out on Friday, the 23rd, so we shall see how much she is willing to stretch it. I rebandaged her tonight, and it looks like it is healing really well. There is no redness or swelling at all. I think she will heal up rather well!
Friday is also Holden's graduation from pre-school! YAY!!! He's so excited, and all I've heard for the last 2 weeks are his songs he is going to sing. He loves to sing so much, and he got a super singer award this week at school. I can't believe he is so big!
Haiden was invited to a birthday party for next week. She is soooo excited! And, she packed her purse, put on her sunglasses, and asked me if it was time to go yet...every 10 minutes for 3 hours. So, we had to circle the day in red on the calendar then X the days off in pink until the party so she knows what day it is. She has been a bit aggitated the last few days, and I haven't decided if it is the weather, which got really hot, too many popsicles, my change in routine (yeah, I've decided maybe I should be a bit more disciplined in my housekeeping.) or a combination of all. It got cold and rained today, so maybe if the weather straightens out, I don't give her sugar (HA! she'll eat it by the spoonfuls then...), and I keep my routine so she knows what to expect she will mellow again. She thinks she's a big girl now because she takes her pill with water, just swallows it down, rather than with applesauce. So, according to her that makes her like 20. I don't know. She's funny. :)
Sky is still doing his thing. He's growing like a weed and trying to figure out what he can and can't eat easily. Everything gets stuck in his orthodontics and it just isn't much fun for him. PB&J, cheese, even veggies in soup get stuck to the roof of his mouth. LOL! Peas were a fun one for him the other night! He has a hard time with hamburgers, tacos, pizza, spaghetti, fettuccini, (most noodles actually), chicken, veggies that are over or under cooked. The poor kid! But, I did make meatloaf he can eat, and fish. He gets his protein there. He will be very glad when he is done and has beautiful teeth. OH! Plus, he can say his L's properly now without thinking about it much! This is the best part of it! Amazing how moving the jaw millimeters can affect speech!
Our house is finally getting better. No more leaks, nothing really HUGE has happened. Well, at least we hope not. The dryer crapped out tonight, but I think it was just a zipper that got caught in the drum, so Rob is taking that apart. However, having wet laundry in the washer isn't so fun. I hope it is sunny tomorrow so I can hang it. We are still waiting to hear if our homeowners will cover our roof damage. I'm praying they will so we can put in the fence we need to keep the neighbor's pit bulls out of our yard. Anyway, I find the later I write things here, the more long winded I get. So, I will be done and go to bed now. :) Jordan did so good!!!!
www.flylady.com Fabulous website!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment