Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Family pets

We have 2 dogs. They are miniature schnauzers. Our male dog bit Holden yesterday. He is becoming a bit food agressive, and when Holden tried to take the box of crackers upstairs, the dog grabbed his hand, and punctured it. I ended up packing Holden off to the urgent care, because it was rather large and I was unsure as to whether he needed stitches. They didn't stitch it, because it needs to drain and it's an animal wound. But, even though it was a family pet, the bite had to be reported and the DOG is on house arrest for 10 days. So, after the dr. visit, the sherrif deputy came to the house (I am so glad I've been doing the fly lady thing, cuz the house was actually clean...) and took the report. He asked what kind of dog it was, and I told him, and he looked at me like I was kidding! I had to repeat myself 3 times and spell it for him to realize I was serious. I think he was expecting something more along the lines of a labrador or rotweiler. So, poor Holden, his hand is really sore, and he didn't sleep well because it hurt, and today we had to go get his boosters for Kindergarten so he could have that extra tetanus shot. Now his legs are sore too! Oh, and we found out he is probably allergic to the triple antibiotic ointment (neosporin) that was put on it, because his hand is all puffy and red, but the Dr. today said it was an external reaction rather than an internal infection. I'm so thrilled...

0 comments: