In all my recent frustrations, I have seen the blessings and the hand of God at work. Many people will think I'm nuts but these blessings are real! I am so very grateful to be able to see them for what they are, and not the coincidences others may pass them off as.
First, I had a very sick gallbladder. This seems like nothing to many, it's a very common problem. However, I had chronic disease for up to a year and didn't even know it. The blessing is this: I did not get sick until I had time to recover. I also did not get sick until we had decent health insurance. AND I also didn't get sick while on vacation the week before. I was blessed to have a week of spring break with kids home to help me, and then almost a full month without school obligations for recovery.
Second, there have been endless headaches associated with our playground project. Wrong colors, recall of installation approval, endless emails with the manufacturer trying to fix mistakes, etc, etc. And within all the discord, there is a calming voice for patience and to trust the process. So, I'm having faith and patience and trusting the process. It is better, things are smoother, when I have faith in God's timing rather than pushing for my own. I am beginning to see the wisdom of those whispers and can see the pieces coming in place.
Third, I can speak freely to my family about these blessings without eye rolling or ignorance. I attribute this to the weekly readings of my dear nieces emails, and her spiritually uplifting Facebook posts. Her example and passion for the scriptures and Jesus Christ is infectious and testimonies from the Lord's servants are like fire to the soul. There is a change in our home with these readings, and it is good.
Fourth, every year Sky and J visit family in Nevada for a week. I have been stressing over this for months without really knowing why. I have had the distinct impression that they should not go this year. I have had this feeling since January. I haven't known how to approach this with their grandparents and every time I tried I have been restrained. A few months ago, we got word that there was a medical emergency with one of their grandparents. So I waited once again, not knowing what to do. The kids were torn. They wanted to go visit, J felt it wasn't the right time without really knowing why, and at the same time missed her Nevada family. Here's where blessings come in. It was time to open that discussion, and though the grandparents' recovery is hit and miss, they are facing another surgery this summer and need to recover. I know that the kids and their grandparents dearly wish to spend time together, but there are blessings in those promptings. The blessing of peace, relief, faith they will heal, time to recover, and a knowledge that there is no pressure to meet expectations but to just heal and get well. It also allows the kids the opportunity to work without requesting too much time off, for Sky to prepare for his senior year, and for us to prepare to have their Nevada family join us for Skylar's graduation, healthy and whole. Once again, faith and patience in God's timing was key.
I'm sure there are many more blessings that I am forgetting to count or even see. But these remind me to stop and listen. Be still, and act on the promptings, answers, and feelings I receive. I also need to remember to point out when my kids are receiving those impressions as well. I may struggle, and I may not be perfect, but I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and how it helps me to see and follow my Heavenly Father. I pray to always recognize his Hand in my life!
12 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment