Thursday, April 10, 2008

Background

There are a few things I will probably be talking about quite a bit on here.



1. My kids

2. My daily nonsense

3. Random thoughts, ideas, and rants

AND...

4. Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD) as they pertain to my life



I have four very wonderful children. My eldest son (10) is very quiet and kind and he has been able to make some really wonderful friends at school. My eldest daughter (9) is social, mature, and highly intelligent in areas of language, science, music, and math. My youngest son (5) is constantly happy and very social and does very well at preschool. We call him the RL version of Spongebob, because for him, everything is rainbows and ice cream and sunshine and laughter. No lie. And then there is my baby, my 4 year old daughter, who has recently be diagnosed as having ASD. She is smart and beautiful and it is difficult to finally know there is a reason for the way she was behaving. She is mildly affected, but enough that we noticed, and her grandparents noticed, and her daycare noticed. So, now I'm a full-time stay at home mom again, just so I can be with her and help her get ready for school and go through school. This is my small way of dealing with the stress. The days of screaming for no reason, the tantrums over socks put on the wrong way, or wanting to wear a shirt I can't find. Of dealing with her screaming through every store I've ever been in, with her hands over her ears, while her siblings either snicker or get sulky because I snap at them. Or dealing with the hurt of having a child you want to comfort, push you away because they can't stand to be touched or cuddled or have any contact with anyone. This is how I'm going to deal with it, and if the only person it helps is me, then that is good enough, and if there is another parent who has been there and no longer feels alone, then that is better, and if there is another parent who has a child that needs help and they find it, that is best.

0 comments: