Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Share you heart!

I was reading through the headlines posted on MSN today, and of course there was one regarding the FLDS raid in Texas. I woudln't normally post my opinions regarding politics or current events, but here it is. As I was reading the reader comments for one of the articles, the poster kept refering the the FLDS people as mormons. Normally, I would think nothing of it, just that he may be uneducated, and since I know we (LDS) are unaffiliated with them (FLDS) it would normally be enough. Today for some reason the comment hit a nerve, and I realized that it is not enough that I know we are not to be counted with them. So, I posted. I have no idea if it will make it past edit for the world to see, but I felt the strong desire to gently teach those out there who we are.

A child in primary this past sunday gave a talk about testimonies, and how if we share our beliefs it helps keep them strong. I encourage you to share your belief. To do as our leaders have said in past talks and share the gospel, correct misunderstandings and untruths. Until today, I didn't realize how important it was. Until someone counted me, a Mormon, as one of those who had corrupted the beliefs of the LDS church, I thought it was enough that I knew who I was. But, isn't it just as important now for others to know who WE are?

0 comments: