Thursday, April 10, 2008

Never ending

Did you ever have one of those days where you thought it would never end, and that nothing else could possibly go wrong? This was pretty close to one of those days. It began with Holden, my 5 year old, having a royal fit and insisting I make him new oatmeal because there was milk in his current oatmeal. This is the same oatmeal that he requested the milk be put in, but whatever. An hour and a half later, Haiden (the 4 year old, and youngest) woke up and I made her some oatmeal and the argument began again about the milk. The kid should be hungry by now because he refused to eat his tacos last night because they had meat in them. After making Haiden's breakfast, I reheated Holden's while he was in the other room. He came out, sat at the table, and ate it, telling me how much better it was without milk. It was the same bowl of oatmeal, but apparently in his mind I made a new one without milk.

Haiden was still not feeling well this morning. So I had to take her to the dr. this afternoon. She has strep, and a huge rash covering her whole face and running down her back and chest, and a high fever, and looks like death warmed over. At the dr.'s office, she was so good! I was so happy to see the difference between now and pre-medication. (more background on that later) She didn't freak out at all with the sounds or lights or anything. Holden however was bouncing off the walls. Later, Haiden tripped on the toys downstairs and gave herself a fat lip. She was so mad. Luckily, she didn't need stitches or injure her teeth or anything else. I don't want to see the dr. again this week. After dinner and soccer practice, the kids were all fighting to get into the bathroom first, and they all like to do the wandering sheep routine at bedtime. They have no idea where they are going or what they are looking for but they need to wander around for about 15 minutes to find it. They finally went to bed, I made them cookies for their lunches, and I am finally winding down for my bedtime, at 2am, only to begin again in five hours.

0 comments: